Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Beautiful Discord.

I've been listening to Apocalyptica lately...and now.
I like the precision, the absolute skill that it requires to make the beautiful strains of music...
paired up with the discord, the emotion, the passion of what they're playing.
Classical metalcore.
It fits.

Today has been tough. Tough but good. I've had people praying for me, and I feel somewhat stronger for the challenges faced.

I woke up this morning to a message written on my facebook wall:
"If you had an issue with me you should have talked about it to my face. Writing about it in the paper isn't classy."

I did the right thing. I did the right thing. I did the right thing.

False guilt. Lots of false, misplaced-guilt.

I did the right thing.

I keep having to remind myself that.

Assault. Hands are not for hitting...neither are they for coercion. We all know that.

I don't have to tell that to somebody for them to know that it's wrong. And when I hear that individual express no remorse whatsoever the next day for his actions the night before (done to "unidentified/unknown people" - so that makes it okay, right?)...it doesn't exactly produce an environment that welcomes such confrontations...
even if that was my job...
nope.

He knew it was wrong. He knows it is wrong.

But he's mad at me.

And this makes him feel better, helps him get his mind off the fact that he did the wrong thing.

I had an idea that this might happen.

Oh, and the irony of speaking about classy face-to-face confrontations via facebook walls...!

This hurts, this hurts, this hurts. This is scary. I don't like it when people are mad at me.

But I did the right thing. And I feel good about that. And I will not be a doormat for people to abuse and then turn around and make it seem like they were victimized.

Yes, I spoke out. I broke the silence. And now there are consequences and ripple effects.

I did the right thing.
I got me my Jesus. And He loves me, takes care of me, shelters me under His wing. Micah 6:8
Do justice.
Love mercy.
Walk humbly before the Lord your God.

I'll be that warrior.
I got me my Jesus. So bring it.

2 comments:

Shiloh said...

You did the right thing.

Lauren Gallegos said...

I echo Shiloh's comment....You did the right thing...and that is most important. I've very proud of you...sometimes doing the right thing is also the hardest thing...You are not alone!