Friday, November 6, 2009

Hurt

Here's an outline of how my thought process went the other day while driving home:

~ As to why pirates are cooler than ninjas.
~ A comparison of the Pirates movie(s) to Batman
~ The Dark Night
~ Heath Ledger
~ Heath Ledger's untimely death and how saddened I was by it. Man, I had such a huge crush on him.
~ The drug overdose of Ryan, a kid I went to school with from elementary school up through high school, when he died.
~ Why is it that we care more about the famous people who die than the everyday individuals who hurt?

I wanted to pray for their souls, but part of me felt like it was too late. They're already gone. But then I got to thinking about C.S. Lewis and prayer...and only God knows the state of a person's heart...

And I don't think God would mind me praying for others anyway.

So, I did. And that is all.

1 comment:

Lauren Gallegos said...

I remember Ryan...that was really sad...he liked me for awhile...

That was an interesting thought process and I'm glad it ended in prayer. That's always a good thing. :)

Thanks for sharing.