Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Joy.

(I can't figure out how to format these pictures so that you can see them fully in this post, but if you click on them individually, you'll be able to see them enlarged for all of their full wonderfulness.)



I said this recently to a friend, and realized it's something I'd like to share:

I'm currently listening to the "Christmas Carols" Radio station on Pandora. I've really been craving the spiritual significance of those (hymnal) songs this Christmas season. The classical manner with which they're performed really hits on the holiness and sacredness of the season for me. They inspire just a bit of awe and a sense of peace in me...I love it. I just want to listen to it forever and let my soul soak it in.



Here we have what Christmas is about - Christ coming to earth. The gift of love.
Not consumerism or a fat little man in a red suit.
Innocence. Love. The battle and triumph of ultimate good over ultimate evil. Pain. Messy, organic love. Fear, Trust. Miracles. Beauty. Glory. Humility. God coming to earth. Peace. Comfort and Joy.




And this, I extend to you, my brothers and sisters this Christmas season:
Good tidings to you, for you and your kin. Glory to the newborn King! Oh, come, let us adore Him.



I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


No comments: