Thursday, January 12, 2012

Harmless religion and dangerous Jesus.



I see and not only accept but fully embrace the challenge to the "religion" that we are left with when we remove a relationship with Jesus (and following his commands) out of the Christian faith.

Christianity is not pro-American culture and it is not about moralism.

However, I don't think that the two (Jesus and religion) are as mutually exclusive as the poet presents them to be. Rather, I think they intersect. After all, as dictionary.com provides evidence to, the word "religion" is in and of itself innocent (or otherwise harmless):

"A specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects."

That being said, I think that truly following Jesus will not only free you, but turn your life upside down. With those side-notes in mind, my response to this prophet-poet is, "Well done."

No comments: