Wednesday, October 22, 2008

And so she dances...

"Common sense" tells me to give up. But I have this really stupid annoying thing called a heart and it keeps getting in the way and disrupting my decision making process.

Quite clearly, I have commitments and obligations and those must be honored and kept. Yes, agreed. And to take on those dreams (however so small and insignificant to others) is making my life so much more complicated, stressful, and difficult than I should like it to be. The rational, obvious choice then is to let those dreams go and follow the path that I have set out for me now. I should sit this one out and hope for the ability to dance with my dreams in the future...the far off, unknown "someday."

But if we did not dare to follow our dreams, so many of the wonderful adventures, inventions, and some of the best moments in history would not have come to fruition.

I have the charge set before me that I was not born to play it safe, no matter how much I'd like to do so.
And so, I choose to risk. I am not content to give up so easily...I will fight and try until I have exhausted every resource and the answer is a resounding, "no."

I fall down again and again in the hopes that one day, I will finally learn how to fly. And then...oh my, how I shall soar...

Superchic[k] put it this way, "To fall is not to fail, you fail when you don't try."

No comments: