Sunday, October 19, 2008

Something of Substance...

On Thursday we drove down to Cal State San Marcos to perform "Life Without Parole." That's right - we are officially and technically on tour now. Neat.

Anyway, I grabbed a Snickers bar for our drive down and noticed a nifty little word and definition in the wrapper:


Substantialiscious \sub-'stan(t)-shu-'ll-shus\
(noun). The weight of something when you weigh it with your tongue.


Alright, aside from the misclassification of the word (it has been brought to my attention lately that the word should be an adjective, not a noun - true), I have a question (or a few) mulling around in my mind.

Who is weighing things with their tongues!?
Going off of that - what, exactly, are they weighing? Why are they weighing things with their tongues? (How did they get the idea to weigh things with their tongues in the first place?) And how are they doing it? (My imagination is running free and wild by this point.)

Of course, all answers I might come up with are only silly conjecture because "substantialiscious" isn't really a word. But at least I can point to a candy bar for something tasty to munch on and for a few moments (okay, maybe more than a few) of entertained musings.

No comments: