Thursday, April 23, 2009

fight.

Do you ever feel like you're in a situation that just careens out of control like a train running down a mountain with failed breaks? Disaster is imminent: the train will jump the tracks at the next bend or it will crash into the stone side of the crag leaving a messy product of blood, sprawled limbs, and destroyed bodies. What started out as a slow and steady climb ended in death.

That's kind of what tonight felt like...

except that God showed up and saved the day.

Okay, so I'm normally a girl who likes to avoid conflict but tonight we had to deal with it. Things weren't looking good and I had just about all but given up...

and then a miracle. I don't know what happened, but I do know that there was a turn-around.

So many thanks to Ashley for being that lion of justice and for coming alongside of me and pursuing reconciliation.

So...the story ended differently. Just as the train was about to dive off the cliff at the bend in the tracks, that Holy breakman showed up and saved the day - errr, night.

This is poorly written, but I need to settle. It's strange, I've carried all this tension around with me, and now it's gone. But there's now a vacuum.

It's like a tumor: it starts out small and then grows larger and larger until it bulges under the skin with its tendrils sneaking into vital organs. Through a touchy, risky surgery, the cancerous mass is removed and the patient is saved. But a hole is left where the mass once grew and the patient has to relearn how to be comfortable being healthy.

So...that's where I'm at right now. It's a good place. It's a little unsettling, but oh I am so glad to be here.

I'm breathing free, thank you Jesus.

Okay, now I have a paper to write...

No comments: