Thursday, April 14, 2011

My heart currently wants to beat out of my chest. I keep telling it that it has to stay put. It is not pleased.

I am currently writing this post while hooked up to my nebulizer. It's for the purpose of treating my bronchitis...that I still have. (It'll be 7 weeks on Saturday, but that's another posting, I suppose.)

Here is my current thought: I don't know much about Jack Kerouack, but I think I need to get my hands onto whatever he's written. These quotes of his convince me of this:


The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!" (On the Road)



I hope it is true that a man can die and yet not only live in others but give them life, and not only life but that great consciousness of life. (from a journal entry)



You see? This man has passion. This man is tapped into truth. I need to pick up his writings.

1 comment:

jessi knippel said...

i've got you covered...on the road, visions of cody and darmha bums...maybe some hunter thompson would be good too!