Sunday, May 22, 2011

Real quick-like before I go to bed.

This may be silly, but I love Dictionary.com - seriously. I love that it acts as kind of the ultimate spell-check and that it's attached to a thesaurus. Combined with UrbanDictionary.com, unknown words and terms don't really stand a chance at maintaining their aura of mystery.

I've also found it to be a pretty simple site to visit when checking to see if my internet is working. I guess it's the lack of whistles and buzzers, but it loads (or doesn't) really quickly. At any rate, I found a link to this dictionary blog about cicadas a few moments ago.

...In reading the article, it brought back memories of how at my high school graduation the valedictorian made a speech (which I mostly couldn't hear because of the poor sound quality) wherein she compared us as the graduating class to those miraculous, amazing...insects. It made me giggle.

And that's the point.

No comments: