Sunday, April 21, 2013

All Chains Broken

I had a vision that I was half stuck in the ground - like a zombie struggling to get out of the dirt, or like a person stuck in a hole of deep-holding mud. Suddenly, the power of chains being broken swept over me, and my inner self was freed. My spirit, clean, burst forth - swirling and dancing up into the sky above my filthy, still struggling body. As my spirit twirled in the air, the Holy Spirit swept and soared into me, colliding and spinning me into an even stronger, more exuberant dance. We turned back to my body, still gasping for freedom. My spirit peered into my body's eyes, tilting my body's chin up before kissing and breathing life into the parched, dried lips of my face. My spirit wiped away at the mud smattered across my body's cheeks. Then, the Holy Spirit and I worked to free my body from the ground - like restoring life to a body that was dead or near to dying. My body was firmly stuck - although neither impossibly nor eternally so. My spirit pulled, and my body was willing, but also resistant. Finally, not sure where I was in the process of being restored and brought to life, my spirit - now alive and resting in the assurance of the work of the Holy Spirit for my continued restoration - entered back into my body.


I'm not sure what that all means. And while I know that it toes the line of gnosticism, I also know that it's not. I just think it's significant.

No comments: