Sunday, April 21, 2013

Ghost Castle Pirate

Last night I had a dream that I sailed off the edge of the world in hunt of a giant octopus. The pirate king who captained the ship wanted me dead. His ghost castle (he was a ghost as well) was filled with poisoned tempting foods - like chocolate. Eating any of the food there would result in poisoning, death, and then belonging to the pirate king (slighlty remeniscent of the mythology of Persephone, Hades, and the pomegranate seed). But, I had resisted. At first he was shocked and disbelieving. Then, he believed - but he wanted me dead. He possessed an attitude of entitlement to me - but he could only "win" me as his prey through trickery. Thus, he decided to raise the stakes and take me on an adventure - sure where I would give into temptation along the way, die, and then be his.

So, we sailed on his ship into a magical port and over the edge of the world. And while I knew in my sleep that I was dreaming, I still felt my heart rise to my throat and the thrill of a long, downward fall. I don't remember how we landed. I only know that we caught the beast who cursed us for the abuse worked against him. The kraken was made as a god among men, and we had deigned to capture him with nets and ropes. If the pirate king intended to kill the beast or instead to enslave his power, I do not know. Because then I woke up.

2 comments:

HM said...

I dreamt that Blake was gay and he had a pole vaulting gay blonde boyfriend, also named Blake. I like your dreams way better. I feel like something incredible is evident about you in your subconscious (I refuse to believe my dream says anything about me). You're magical, bean! You're a magical bean. I love that this sort of thing unfolds in your subconscious, and I love what it seems to say about you.

Becka_Bo said...

I don't always have dreams like that, but when I do - I pay attention.

And I think there's something to be said about your dream too. ;)
...something about him being in love with himself?