Sunday, April 25, 2010

They say it's just a part of life...

He went home to be with the Lord on Tuesday.

The memorial service for Hawaiian Brian is this Wednesday. I'm not going to deny that I'm hurting. But, once again, I'm not exactly sure why this hurts.

I wasn't super close with him...but I worked on his living room for 9 months. He was a nice guy. I cared about him...and his son.

Sometimes, you just get hit really hard with things. Personally, the past two months (with the passing of Grandpa Bill and a slew of other things) have felt like a barrage - like getting pounded over and over again with the crashing of new waves. Over. And over. And over again.

I currently don't like hospitals.

But I currently love people a whole lot. And I know that Christ is here with me in this. He's what's keeping me from getting my face planted in the ground. And if this is what it takes...to get me to a place where I realize the value of people even more...to get me to a place where I cling to the love of God and realize my absolute dependence on Him (in the good days as well as the bad)...

then, okay, so be it. Here we go. Continue.

1 comment:

Gaijin Jillian said...

i understand. emotions don't always need justification; they just need to be felt.