Monday, April 19, 2010

Scripted. (almost)

Scene 1: A coffee shop

Girl: Hello! How can I help you today?

Cop: What are you smiling about?

Girl adopts a very stern face, holds it for a second, and then breaks with a giggle.

Cop: Did you spit in my coffee?

Girl:...yes. It's what gives it its special flavor!

Cop: Well, I don't like special flavor.

Girl (to cop's silent partner): Did you not come in this morning, or was I on my break and I missed you?

Cop: Why are you stalking my partner?

Girl: I'm not stalking your partner! You're the one who told me his name!

Cop: Hey, I don't even know this guy.

Girl: Why are you picking on me today, anyway?

Cop (gesturing): ...You see this badge?

Girl (gesturing): You see this apron? It means I can spit in your coffee.

Scene 2: The next day

The cops enter.

Cop: Are you going to give me attitude today?

Girl: Only if you start it.

Cop: Good.

Scene 3: A few days later, as she is getting off of work

Girl sees the cops and waves goodbye as she leaves.

Cop: Bye! Drive safe!

Girl: Thanks! You too!

Cop: I will.