Thursday, May 7, 2009

Final.ly

So, I just took my last final. Granted, I still have make-up forum posts to do for my English 466 class (freaking elective - who does that!?), but still...

I just took my last final. Ever.

It's funny - I don't know that I've ever had a week of finals that was so busy and full of challenges. And yet, I think I've handled them really, really well...all things considered. So, now that I've had a moment to breathe...

Wow, this is it. I'm done with school. How many years of my life have gone into this? Let's see, starting with pre-school, kindergarten, grades 1-12, five years of college...19 years. Wow, I've spent 19 years of my life in school.
And I loved it.

So, this is bitter sweet. I'm really going to miss school. I've loved learning. I walked out of my final today, got on my bike and rode around a campus that I'm saying goodbye to. It felt like one of those beautiful days in summer camp where part of the beauty of the day came from its transitory nature. It's fleeting. And in that, there's a subtle, quiet, peaceful, slightly melancholic beauty. I can feel God with me. I can see Him in His creation, and I can feel Him whispering to my gently grieving heart. The sun is warm, the air is soft, a butterfly jigs across my vision. I'm grieving the passing of something I knew, but I'm celebrating a race well run.

And now there's the future. It's unknown. I don't know what I'm going to do with my life, but I'm excited about it. I have a passion for beauty, for art, for people, for emotion, for God...and for the church. I want to do something that involves all of it.

It's a beautiful day.

So, I'm thinking about seminary. It's a thought that's been there as of last night, but I'm thinking about it. Fuller Seminary offers an MA in Worship Theology and the Arts. Maybe Here?

It's a beautiful day, it's a beautiful day. And hello, and goodbye, and it's a beautiful life. Thank you.

No comments: